Saffron is used in many different cuisines all over the world. In India it is used with rice and some sweets, whilst in France and Spain it is popular in fish-based dishes. Below are a number of recipe ideas for the use of saffron in cooking.
- Use saffron in the French “bouillabaisse”, a type of fish stew.
- It is one of the main ingredients of the Spanish paella.
- In Italian cooking it is used in “risotto a la Milanese”.
- Use saffron to flavor and color rice.
- Use in Indian biriyani rice dishes.
- Add to coffee with cardamom for a Middle Eastern hot drink.
- Saffron is a good spice to use with fish, such as cod or halibut, giving it excellent color and flavor.
- Use for a Scandinavian-style saffron sweet cake.
- Use to flavor ice cream, as they do in India.
- Use in all types of curries.
- Use to make Cornish saffron buns.
- Add to sauces to give it color and a spicy flavor.
- Add saffron to crab or fishcake mixtures.
- Add to mayonnaise or garlic mayonnaise to give it a different color.
- Add to soups for a bright color.
- Saffron is also often partnered with chicken.
Here are some amazing recipe’s from our friend website Taste.com